We use your personal information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest experience in connection with all of your interactions with Hyatt (the “Purpose”). As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
As one of our guests or someone else with whom we interact, you understand and agree that we may collect, use, and share your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
The Application of this Policy
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and colleagues is always a top priority for Hyatt hotels globally, and we remain committed to enhanced levels of cleanliness—now and in the future.
The term “Hyatt Locations” include the various locations affiliated with Hyatt that operate under or in connection with the Hyatt®”, Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt ZivaTM, Hyatt ZilaraTM, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, participating Joie de Vivre®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt Residence Club®, and Exhale® brands around the world and also includes independently branded locations affiliated with Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or its direct and indirect subsidiaries
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our information collection, processing and sharing activities globally, some activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the particular laws or regulations in those regions. For example, the laws of a particular country/region may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
Information We May Collect
We collect and process your personal information in order to provide you the best experience possible when you interact with us. The information we collect may vary by jurisdiction/region or by your preferred method of interaction with us. The categories of personal information that we may collect include:
- Contact and Identification Information: We may collect information such as your name, contact details (e.g. phone numbers, address, or email) professional title, employer or professional affiliations, and passport and visa information;
- Account Information and Marketing Preferences: We may collect your account details and credentials for the Hyatt frequent guest program and any frequent flyer or travel partner program. We may also collect information on your marketing preferences;
- Stay and Purchase Information: We may collect information such as the hotels where you have stayed or booked a stay, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased or utilized at Hyatt Locations or on the Website or Application, physical and digital room key usage, special requests made, service and stay preferences (including room and vacation preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes sent, calls or messages received, and any feedback or content you provide to us regarding your stay. We may also collect information through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wired or wireless networks, smart or mobile device, or your location), and other security and technology systems;
- Payment and Credit Information: We may collect credit card and other payment method details. In limited cases, we may also collect information relating to the credit of customers;
- Location Information: We may automatically collect information about your precise geolocation when you access the Website or Application to the extent permitted by applicable law. We may also collect information about your general location using your IP address and your zip code;
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information, such as your gender, nationality, age, and date and place of birth;
- Biometric and Health-related Information: We may collect health-related information you provide us to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation or services), or biometric information, such as information used for facial recognition;
- Audio and Visual Information: We may record our customer service calls and security footage of our properties, which may include your voice and/or image;
- Preferences and Inferences: We may collect your preferences or make inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, and predispositions, based on other personal information we have
- Device Content: With your permission, we may collect information relating to the content on your device. For more information, see Section 9.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect is considered Sensitive Personal Information under the privacy laws of some countries or regions. Those laws define “Sensitive Personal Information” to mean personal information from which we can determine or infer an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership in a trade union or professional association, physical or mental health or condition, medical treatment, genetic data, biometric information, and information about an individual’s sexual life or sexual orientation. In some very rare instances, financial records may constitute Sensitive Personal Information where you are located. If we rely on consent to process your Sensitive Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. We only process Sensitive Personal Information in your jurisdiction if and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
When you agree to this Policy you are, to the extent required under your local law, granting your express and written consent to the processing of any personal information that you provide to Hyatt that is considered to be Sensitive Personal Information or financial information. Save to the extent required by law, you are not obliged to provide Hyatt with any of your Sensitive Personal Information, and should you choose not to, this will not prevent you from purchasing any products or services from Hyatt.